• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo Deposit Refund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chilipepa

What is the name of your state? I'm in California and booked a condo in Mexico over the internet. I had to cancel my vacation, and the booking agent is refusing to refund my deposit. He's not refusing, he just keeps saying he's going to send it and never does. Unfortunately, I have searched his website and it doesnt' have cancellation policies listed.
I had to wire the deposit money, and I have proof in an email from the guy that I wired the money into his PERSONAL ACCOUNT. I know he has a residence at the condos I was booking. I tried the Mexican Office of Tourism and they have done nothing. (Big surprise)
He has $550 of my money. (small claims in US, I don't know if it's small claims in Mexico)
How do I go about suing a Mexican business owner?
Should I sue him, or the business?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">