• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

condo flooded

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

t99thumper

What is the name of your state? Colorado
I live in a condominium complex. I do not have homeowner's insurance. 2 nights ago, my upstairs neighbor's toilet overflowed for hours before we discovered what happened, and water flooded rugs, light fixtures and drywall. she does have homeowner's insurance, but her insurance company refuses to pay for any damages in our apartment, saying she has no negligence. we disagree. do we have any grounds to dispute her insurance company? - thanx - joe

HomeGuru

t99thumper said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado
I live in a condominium complex. I do not have homeowner's insurance. 2 nights ago, my upstairs neighbor's toilet overflowed for hours before we discovered what happened, and water flooded rugs, light fixtures and drywall. she does have homeowner's insurance, but her insurance company refuses to pay for any damages in our apartment, saying she has no negligence. we disagree. do we have any grounds to dispute her insurance company? - thanx - joe
**A: yes. What did the HOA say about the incident? Did you aks about the HOA insurance covering common areas?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">