• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo Neighbor Not Treating Bed Bugs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NicoleKPhx

I'm in Phoenix Arizona and own a townhouse with one adjoining neighbor in a complex managed by an HOA and a contracted management group. This neighbor has a tenant in the unit who has a bed bug infestation going for over a year that they are neglecting, which has caused a spread to my unit and other units. I have spent considerable time and money addressing the spread to my unit and would like to know if I have any legal rights to obligate the neighbor to reimburse me.

LdiJ

I'm in Phoenix Arizona and own a townhouse with one adjoining neighbor in a complex managed by an HOA and a contracted management group. This neighbor has a tenant in the unit who has a bed bug infestation going for over a year that they are neglecting, which has caused a spread to my unit and other units. I have spent considerable time and money addressing the spread to my unit and would like to know if I have any legal rights to obligate the neighbor to reimburse me.
I am not going to address that issue but rather give you some advice on how to prevent further problems in your unit.
Spraying isopropol (I know that isn't spelled correctly) alcohol across the baseboards of the common walls, on a regular basis, will prevent the bugs from traveling from their unit to yours.

FarmerJ

You know Im wondering if you go to your city housing inspections department and tell them how hard you are having to fight to keep them out of your unit and ask them if there is any they can do in the direction of getting the LL of the unit next to yours to treat his/her half of the structure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">