• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo security camera

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Scottoteri

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts i live in a condo uniy in Massachusetts. can I install a security camera located at my sliding door that face my deck area . I am asking this for my wife is mentally ill and has been having issues with a niebor that lives in the the complex in a nother building about 150 feet away . Have other question . If I can get some one to contact me in on this issue .

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts i live in a condo uniy in Massachusetts. can I install a security camera located at my sliding door that face my deck area . I am asking this for my wife is mentally ill and has been having issues with a niebor that lives in the the complex in a nother building about 150 feet away . Have other question . If I can get some one to contact me in on this issue .
You can use security cameras in Massachusetts for video recording but the recordings should NOT be audio recordings. Images are okay (as long as they do not invade privacy); sounds are not okay (unless everyone whose voices are captured on the recording have granted consent to be recorded).

Here is a link to the law: http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/massachusetts-recording-law

If you need to have someone contact you about a matter too personal for the forum, you will have to seek out an attorney in your area of Massachusetts. We do not offer personal services here. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

AdjunctFL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts i live in a condo uniy in Massachusetts.
Before you install anything, make sure it meets the CC&Rs or Homeowners' Association (HOA) Documents of your Condo, including any approvals you may need. Even if the statute permits it, they may have regulations and restrictions on items placed on the exterior of buildings (most do.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">