• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

condominium neighbor refusing to get a plumber to repair a lead damaging my condo uni

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mauricet

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I have a horrible neighbor that is refusing to allow a plumber into his unit to find out where a leak is that is causing ceiling damage to two rooms in my condo unit. I cannot have the repair work done until he does this. He also will not tell me the name of his insurance company. What can I or my insurance do to force him into letting someone in? He has a washing machine that overflows occasionally into my kitchen and a bathroom tub leak. He done this to others that have owned my unit in the past and they did not fight him. The ceiling showed a little damage when I bought the place but the real estate agent said that the leaks had been repaired. Thank you.

HomeGuru

Re: condominium neighbor refusing to get a plumber to repair a lead damaging my condo uni

mauricet said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

I have a horrible neighbor that is refusing to allow a plumber into his unit to find out where a leak is that is causing ceiling damage to two rooms in my condo unit. I cannot have the repair work done until he does this. He also will not tell me the name of his insurance company. What can I or my insurance do to force him into letting someone in? He has a washing machine that overflows occasionally into my kitchen and a bathroom tub leak. He done this to others that have owned my unit in the past and they did not fight him. The ceiling showed a little damage when I bought the place but the real estate agent said that the leaks had been repaired. Thank you.

**A: you could sue him or force the HOA to allow you access.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">