• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conference room Rates

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tony78

I worked an have an office at a coworking location. The conference rooms are rented out to everyone for $50/hr at all times. Several of us office tents have paid several thousands to host meetings and training events over the course of the year. There has one female tent that is not an office tent where the franchise owner provide a ridiculous agreement that gave this tent unlimited nights and weekends for free and she only pay $500-800/ per month for day time user. This tent has lived at the office by sleeping in the nap rooms and staying in the same conference room 24/7 averaging 425 hrs per month for one complete year.

My questions is it illegal for the franchise owner to make this type of agreement to allow one tent to have unlimited access at a rate of $1.8/hr or less and stay in the conference permanently while all office member are paying $50/hr? Some members are paying 2-3k per month just to use it for one weekend?

adjusterjack

Tent?

I hope you meant tenant and not those canvas things that people sleep under in the woods.

is it illegal for the franchise owner to make this type of agreement to allow one tent to have unlimited access at a rate of $1.8/hr or less and stay in the conference permanently while all office member are paying $50/hr?
It's perfectly legal, unless it's discrimination against a protected class (race, age, sex) and this doesn't appear to be that.

Bottom line (as always) if you don't like the prices, go elsewhere.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I worked an have an office at a coworking location. The conference rooms are rented out to everyone for $50/hr at all times. Several of us office tents have paid several thousands to host meetings and training events over the course of the year. There has one female tent that is not an office tent where the franchise owner provide a ridiculous agreement that gave this tent unlimited nights and weekends for free and she only pay $500-800/ per month for day time user. This tent has lived at the office by sleeping in the nap rooms and staying in the same conference room 24/7 averaging 425 hrs per month for one complete year.

My questions is it illegal for the franchise owner to make this type of agreement to allow one tent to have unlimited access at a rate of $1.8/hr or less and stay in the conference permanently while all office member are paying $50/hr? Some members are paying 2-3k per month just to use it for one weekend?
1) the word is "tenant," not "tent"
2) who are you in this situation?

tony78

yes in Dallas, Texas, and yes i meant tenant. The franchise owner can set prices for offices but he cant just give the conference room for free to one person and make everyone that has office and complete different rate. Plus on top of that allowing the tenant to live there when its against company policy, which it is stated in the rules or guidelines. I have contact the president of the company. Several of us tenant have filed a complaint against the franchise owner.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
yes in Dallas, Texas, and yes i meant tenant. The franchise owner can set prices for offices but he cant just give the conference room for free to one person and make everyone that has office and complete different rate. Plus on top of that allowing the tenant to live there when its against company policy, which it is stated in the rules or guidelines. I have contact the president of the company. Several of us tenant have filed a complaint against the franchise owner.
Yes, the franchise owner can set prices at whatever rate (including $0) that s/he would like, so long as such decisions aren't made on the basis of a protected characteristic.

quincy

Contacting both the president of the company and the franchise owner to express your displeasure is a good action to take - as it appears there is no legal action for you to take.

Thank you for providing your state name, Tony. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">