• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conflict in interest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

engineer

I am currently working for an professional consulting engineering company and have been approached by a contractor to hire me. One of my jobs that I have signed and sealed is being constructed by them. Is it ethical for me to go work for them?

A

Attorney_Replogle

If I understand your situation correctly, then I see no ethical dilemma. You are employed by a consulting company. The company does a job for client X. Subsequently client X asks you to come work for them. Your question asked if this was "ethical" for you to work for client X. This of course is an ethical, not legal question. Thus, more than ever, that is for you to decide since so many people have divergent opinions as to what is ethical. Moreover, the majority of Americans have chosen to blur the distinction between mores and morals.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">