• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

conflicting foundation engineering reports

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drooks

My home is built on a slab foundation in North Texas over soil with high clay content. My engineer's report says I need 41 piers to correct my slab foundation and that the work can be done now.
Insurance company's engineer's report says piers are not required, and recommends mudjacking to correct foundation, and that work should not be started until April 2003 to allow soil to dry from leaks in slab that were repaired in July 2002 (not required for concrete piers method).
I have made it ultimately clear that I will not accept the recommendations of their engineer. I have heard that mudjacking is no longer considered adequate repair method for foundation problems as severe as mine due to many lawsuits resulting from failed mudjacking foundation repair.
I need multiple case law to refer to in this regard. PLEASE PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION YOU HAVE ON THIS SUBJECT.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT.

HomeGuru

drooks said:
My home is built on a slab foundation in North Texas over soil with high clay content. My engineer's report says I need 41 piers to correct my slab foundation and that the work can be done now.
Insurance company's engineer's report says piers are not required, and recommends mudjacking to correct foundation, and that work should not be started until April 2003 to allow soil to dry from leaks in slab that were repaired in July 2002 (not required for concrete piers method).
I have made it ultimately clear that I will not accept the recommendations of their engineer. I have heard that mudjacking is no longer considered adequate repair method for foundation problems as severe as mine due to many lawsuits resulting from failed mudjacking foundation repair.
I need multiple case law to refer to in this regard. PLEASE PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION YOU HAVE ON THIS SUBJECT.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT.
**A: please post on the Construction board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">