• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused about Child Support modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1mcgyver

What is the name of your state? California

I have just received a motion for a child support modification in the mail from my son's mother. Enclosed was a "Financial Statement Simplified" which she completed. She also sent a blank "Financial Statement Simplified" (green in color) and a blank "Responsive Declaration to Order to Show Cause or Notice of Motion". I am confused. What do I need to do? Complete the documents and file tehm with the court or bring them in completed to the judge on the scheduled court date?

Shay-Pari'e

1mcgyver said:
What is the name of your state? California

I have just received a motion for a child support modification in the mail from my son's mother. Enclosed was a "Financial Statement Simplified" which she completed. She also sent a blank "Financial Statement Simplified" (green in color) and a blank "Responsive Declaration to Order to Show Cause or Notice of Motion". I am confused. What do I need to do? Complete the documents and file tehm with the court or bring them in completed to the judge on the scheduled court date?
You need to fill out your financial statement, and your response to her OTSC, and get it filed with the courts.

Looks like she is doing everything by the books.

If you seriously do not understand, then you need to see your local law facilitator to explain them.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=272001

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">