• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CONFUSED! can anyone please advise....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?CA
This is a little confusing for me...
My ex-husband & I agreed on divorce and he filed the papers and I signed them. I had no idea how all that worked, I just signed and trusted he would do it..right. I took our 3 kids and moved out, he didnt mind one bit. few weeks later I asked him about the divorce he said he never filed them, never took them back to the lawyer and insisted that we were still married. well several months later he kept hinting we was not married so I checked with the court myself, come to find out we have been divorced for a while and I had missed my court dates because He had changed my address on the divorce papers to his monthers address and I never received anything. Therefore I had no say in the matter.
Anyway the divorce papers say we have 50/50 custody over kids and says RESERVED for child support and nothing for visitation.
I want to move to FLORDIA in June & of course take kids w/me. Do I have to give him any kind of notice or do anything before I go? Keep in mind he has never paid one penny for child support the 2 yrs. we've been divorced and he has been arrested several times for domestic violence, including d.v.towards me and he is a very heavy drinker, alcoholic actaully his family has even tried to talk him into getting help for his drinking problem.
What does the RESERVED mean? And what should I do about this?
Last edited:


Under the Radar Member
What you REALLY need to do is speak with a local attorney to see if the divorce can be reopened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential