• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

txtea37

What is the name of your state?Texas
when they came in to my house and started putting hand cuffs on me i had ask if i could make a phone call and the officer told me no. i though when u got arrested that u could call a lawyer before we answered any questions.?
then on top of that while they were gathering the chem they were pouring some of the stuff down the drain and in our yard (i have pic)
took everything else and took our hand cuffs off and said we we get a visit from an investgator but nobody never showed up. they said we would go to court on the 19th well its already been over 42 days.
but what i dont understand is they didnt take us in to jail

txtea37
View Public Profile
Find all posts by txtea37
Add txtea37 to Your Buddy List

S

seniorjudge

txtea37 said:
What is the name of your state?Texas
when they came in to my house and started putting hand cuffs on me i had ask if i could make a phone call and the officer told me no. i though when u got arrested that u could call a lawyer before we answered any questions.?
then on top of that while they were gathering the chem they were pouring some of the stuff down the drain and in our yard (i have pic)
took everything else and took our hand cuffs off and said we we get a visit from an investgator but nobody never showed up. they said we would go to court on the 19th well its already been over 42 days.
but what i dont understand is they didnt take us in to jail
i though when u got arrested that u could call a lawyer before we answered any questions.?
No. You must be given Miranda warnings in you are in custody and being questioned. If you want a lawyer, you say so and the questioning stops.

Your post did not indicate that any questions were asked.

txtea37

clueless in texas

Texas
they did read the maranda rights that is why i asked if i could make a phone call.
but they never took us to custody so can u tell me if we would be charged or what ? or where they trying to scare us or what i am so confused :(

HomeGuru

txtea37 said:
Texas
they did read the maranda rights that is why i asked if i could make a phone call.
but they never took us to custody so can u tell me if we would be charged or what ? or where they trying to scare us or what i am so confused :(

**A: another scared and confused criminal.

CdwJava

txtea37 said:
Texas
They do not have to allow you a phone call at the scene. Once you are booked, they can allow you that phone call. And if Miranda applies, then they would have to allow you to contact an attorney prior to further questioning about the crime.

You might be facing charges, and you might not. You were there, we weren't.

- Carl

txtea37

clueless in texas

texas
thanks for the answer now i need to ask another ?
how can i find out if there is any charges

S

seniorjudge

txtea37 said:
texas
thanks for the answer now i need to ask another ?
how can i find out if there is any charges
Call the cops

txtea37

clueless in texas

texas
shouldnt they have sent me a letter or some kind of document stating that i should not leave the county or something. my job is wanting me to transfer to another town.
iam sorry for all the question just dont want to get into anymore trouble.

S

seniorjudge

txtea37 said:
texas
shouldnt they have sent me a letter or some kind of document stating that i should not leave the county or something. my job is wanting me to transfer to another town.
iam sorry for all the question just dont want to get into anymore trouble.
I answered your question. If you don't like the answer, that is not my problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">