• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmom23

:confused: What is the name of your state?Connecticut
This weekend is supposed to be my ex's visitation weekend. He has my daughter from 9-5 on Sat and Sun. However, court appointed he is supposed to be supervised by his mother, her perternal grandmother. She has a wedding this weekend, so he was either going to have his brother or no one watch her. The court order says that his mother has to be there. Do I have to let him have her? Or can I tell him that he has to switch days because his mother's inability to be there? Or do I have to let her go over there? The only drawback is that next weekend is my weekend with her and because it is a holiday weekend, we have family obligations that cannot be broken. Our tickets have been bought and paid for so it would have to be another time. I am in a jam and not sure what to do. I do not trust him or his brother, and the court found it neccesary that his mother be present. ANy help would be greatly appreciated. If another time cannot be made up, can he simply lose his day? Thank you in advance. I forgot to clear something up. His mother will be there on Sunday. It is just Saturday that she won't be there.

Last edited:

CJane

If your court order states that his mother must be present for the visits, and he has her without her present, he's in contempt of court. However, I don't know if you can withhold visitation in anticipation of his mother not being there, or if you'd have to let him have her and then file contempt. Why are the visits supposed to be supervised?

kmom23

CJane said:
If your court order states that his mother must be present for the visits, and he has her without her present, he's in contempt of court. However, I don't know if you can withhold visitation in anticipation of his mother not being there, or if you'd have to let him have her and then file contempt. Why are the visits supposed to be supervised?
He is physically disabled. He cannot hold her, or really do much with her. He has also in the past (like in the last two months) was hospititalized for trying to committ suicide. He is not a very stable person. He took a lot of pills while my daughter was there for visitation.

Last edited:

CJane

Honestly, if it were me, I'd risk him making a stink about it, and deny visitation. Yeah, he might throw a fit, and even file contempt charges, but to me it'd be worth the risk. I'd let him know that you're aware his mother won't be there and you don't want to violate the court order by sending her there without the ordered supervision, so he can have her on the next weekend that's his.

kmom23

CJane said:
Honestly, if it were me, I'd risk him making a stink about it, and deny visitation. Yeah, he might throw a fit, and even file contempt charges, but to me it'd be worth the risk. I'd let him know that you're aware his mother won't be there and you don't want to violate the court order by sending her there without the ordered supervision, so he can have her on the next weekend that's his.
Thank you for your help! I really appreciate your suggestion! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">