• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sammie j

Junior Member
What is the name of your state? kansas
right now i am 17 yrs old and will not turn 18 until may 07. i have a boyfriend that is 17 and turns 18 in december 06. i have alot of problems with my parents and cant even be around them without screaming (both of us). i graduate high school in december at age 17 and was wandering if there would be anything stopping me from leaving. my boyfriend lives in texas and his family is open to the idea of me living with them where as my parents are against it. i understand that the legal age for me to move out without parental consent is 18 but i was curious as to what else i may be able to do.
any help would be greatly appreciated
thank you


Senior Member
sammie j said:
would be anything stopping me from leaving.
The only thing that can stop you from leaving is the fact that you are NOT AN ADULT! You could TRY and be emancipated by the court, but the case probably wouldn't make it to court until after you turn 18. Plus, a judge isn't going to emancipate a minor so that they can go live with their boyfriend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential