• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

california
Got arrested and charged for poss. Of controlled sub but drugs were not on me just in car and we’re not mine, and for driving without a license but I have a permit and was with someone over the age of 21 with a valid California DL
And one of the drugs they found were left in my car when I got out. First offense no prior arrests or record.

quincy

california
Got arrested and charged for poss. Of controlled sub but drugs were not on me just in car and we’re not mine, and for driving without a license but I have a permit and was with someone over the age of 21 with a valid California DL
And one of the drugs they found were left in my car when I got out. First offense no prior arrests or record.
You will probably get the driver license violation dismissed if you had a permit and did not violate the terms of your probationary license.

The possession of a controlled substance charge will be harder to shake.

Why were you pulled over?

I agree with Zigner that you need an attorney.

You will probably get the driver license violation dismissed if you had s permit and did not violate the terms of your probationary license.

The possession of a controlled substance charge will be harder to shake.

Why were you pulled over?
Because I was in a city I didn’t know to well I was at a stop was gonna turn right but stoped “not even 2-3 inch from stop to where I’d cause an accident or show signs of being drunk” and the cop pulled me over saying he thought I was drunk but then quickly also noted “or I thought maybe you guys were from around here” I don’t drink alcohol. And the turn mistake was no where near driving it iradically

Because I was in a city I didn’t know to well I was at a stop was gonna turn right but stoped “not even 2-3 inch from stop to where I’d cause an accident or show signs of being drunk” and the cop pulled me over saying he thought I was drunk but then quickly also noted “or I thought maybe you guys were from around here” I don’t drink alcohol. And the turn mistake was no where near driving it iradically
Werent* by were

And I no point was I read my rights, plus I think it’s weird that A they let me keep my car and B he didn’t even check my registration nor proof of insurance

No, my friend happened to be on probation but I was unaware of there being drugs in my car, I have friends that use but me and my gf are clean she and her friend were witnesses of what happened, plus they left one of the drugs they found “which he found first and asked about” in my car? I had to throw it out after I got released. They also charged my friend with possession of firearm which is registered to him. And was in a lockbox and unloaded and a switchblade but his knife had no spring or lever or switch his girlfriend had the same knife. And they didn’t arrest or take hers

quincy

No, my friend happened to be on probation but I was unaware of there being drugs in my car, I have friends that use but me and my gf are clean she and her friend were witnesses of what happened, plus they left one of the drugs they found “which he found first and asked about” in my car? I had to throw it out after I got released. They also charged my friend with possession of firearm which is registered to him. And was in a lockbox and unloaded and a switchblade but his knife had no spring or lever or switch his girlfriend had the same knife. And they didn’t arrest or take hers
The search was permitted under conditions of his probation then?

Although your friend might be in jail for awhile which eliminate this problem, I suggest you avoid him from now on.

And get an attorney to assist with the possession charge. Depending on the quantity of drugs found in the car, you might be eligible for a diversion program which can help to keep your criminal record clean.

Good luck.

quincy

Last edited:
A friend on probation in possession of drugs, a firearm and a switchblade is not exactly the type of friend you want to give a lift to. :)
But think of how it was when we were young and the phrase "It seemed like a good idea at the time" caused us no end of problems. ;)
Have a good and safe weekend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">