• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Connecticut Coplaintiffs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jcrock

It's a lawsuit about unpaid overtime and exempt/non exempt employees. I was employed the longest of all co-plaintiffs and am due to receive the most money if we win. Im willing to accept the settlement offer but they are not.

quincy

It's a lawsuit about unpaid overtime and exempt/non exempt employees. I was employed the longest of all co-plaintiffs and am due to receive the most money if we win. Im willing to accept the settlement offer but they are not.
Oops. Thanks, Zigner.

Do the co-plaintiffs each have their own attorneys? Is there a written (joint interests) agreement detailing what happens if the plaintiffs want to terminate their joint relationship?

The problem with co-plaintiff or co-defendant relationships is that rarely are their interests identical.

Jcrock

Including myself they're are 5 of us. One attorney. We have a meeting Saturday to meet our new attorney. Our old attorney left the form. According to the settlement offer I would get 51%. The other 4 would get roughly the same amount as each other.

Jcrock

Concerning Coplaintiffs terminating relationship... im not sure of the details. Another coplaintiff left the lawsuit early on, before any settlement was offered.

quincy

Concerning Coplaintiffs terminating relationship... im not sure of the details. Another coplaintiff left the lawsuit early on, before any settlement was offered.
I suggest you discuss the settlement with your attorney/the new attorney to see if the current settlement can be saved or if another one can be worked out to everyone's satisfaction.

Your attorney is handling the case like a class action suit (without the class certification). Outside a class action, it often can be best for all plaintiffs to be represented by their own attorneys. Your attorney is trying to juggle the interests of 5 different clients. Although their interests may be similar, they are not identical.

I suggest you look for the attorney contract you signed, and any additional "common interests" agreement that might have been signed, and ask all questions you have on Saturday when you meet with the new attorney.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">