• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

consent to BAC test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

resipsa

What is the name of your state? CA

Sometimes, DMV doesn't catch little errors....

So I was wondering if you were to check "no" or forget to check "yes" in the little box in the DL application next to the BAC testing consent and a DL was issued subsequently with the error....could you legally refuse a test if pulled over?

Thanks

Last edited:

stephenk

No. Checking or not checking the box does not determine the implied consent the state claims every driver gives to the police to conduct such a test in exchange for having the privilege to possess a driver's license.

K

knorris

resipsa said:
What is the name of your state? CA

Sometimes, DMV doesn't catch little errors....

So I was wondering if you were to check "no" or forget to check "yes" in the little box in the DL application next to the BAC testing consent and a DL was issued subsequently with the error....could you legally refuse a test if pulled over?

Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, We don't have anything like that on our D.L . They just ask you to go ahead and give your permission in advance? I learned something new today. Kathie :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">