• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consent to insurance policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ustob1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL
One of our corporate officers is refusing to cover his debts to the company with a key man policy or perhaps COLI. He refuses to take the medical tests holding out for other extra benefits he feels he should have. Is there a way to get coverage without his knowledge or consent? I have read PA, DE, NC, NJ, SD & Puerto Rico are some states that need no consent. Is that true? Our company certainly passes the test that we have insurable interest. Do you have to be incorporated in that state?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? If so, how would you go about buying insurance just from that state?

Betty

Being a former life ins. underwriter & doing business in all the "states" listed, we would not allow a life ins. application/policy in *any* state (or PR) to be taken out on an adult without their consent. They had to sign the application for ins. as the insured. Also, medical tests could be required of the insured & medical questions (& other questions) needed answered & signed over the insured's signature.

This was a major ins. co. It was the same way with all the major cos. we reinsured with. They were all major, legitimate ins. companies.

I, myself, do not know of any major, legitimate ins. cos. that will do as you would like to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">