• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consent to Move

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

Hey folks, I need a little help drafting a form in regards to what all I need to put in it. I received a job offer that requires me to relocate about 9 hours away from where I live now. I do have a geographical restriction in the order that limits me to counties contiguous to the one I live in now. The order also says that as long as we agree, I don't have to take it before a judge to get it approved sooo... My ex previously told me that she wouldn't mind me moving because I told her I'd pay for the transportation costs of getting our daughter back and forth for her visitation since I'm the one that moved. She agreed, and now I'm trying to figure out what language needs to be in the consent form we draft up to ensure the protection of both parties in this move but most significantly our daughter. I want to be fair to her, and this job is going to pay me more than twice what I'm making now, so it's going to be a good thing for my family and I.

The visitation order also has a 100 miles or more apart section(that the right word?) that stipulates how she can choose her visitation weekend of once per month if she doesn't want to stick to the 1st, 3rd, and 5th clause.

I would also volunteer to help mom pay for transportation cost that she inccurs for coming to activities related to our daughter but hadn't thought of a percentage which would be at the least 25% and most being 50%. I'm trying my best to be fair in this because this child belongs with both of us and needs the interaction with both of us as well so any help that you can give would be really awesome!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential