• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consent to withdraw

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Londonphish

North Carolina .....

Should I sign a consent to allow my attorney to file a motion to withdraw? My attorney has not informed me of several dates that I had court causing me to miss these dates. He has also provided me with a document that is not even mine it's somebody else's case. You would think after this attorney $400 an hour he would be willing to send you a email a reminder that you have court coming up that you have to attend.

I told him I wanted to fire him he then told me that I would need to sign the consent of withdrawal or he could file a motion to withdraw. What is the difference?

I have also asked for a full refund of his services because I know better today then I was back in November. All this is done is costs me money. He has done nothing for me.

What should I do? How should I go about trying to get money back from him?

Thank you in advance.

LdiJ

North Carolina .....

Should I sign a consent to allow my attorney to file a motion to withdraw? My attorney has not informed me of several dates that I had court causing me to miss these dates. He has also provided me with a document that is not even mine it's somebody else's case. You would think after this attorney $400 an hour he would be willing to send you a email a reminder that you have court coming up that you have to attend.

I told him I wanted to fire him he then told me that I would need to sign the consent of withdrawal or he could file a motion to withdraw. What is the difference?

I have also asked for a full refund of his services because I know better today then I was back in November. All this is done is costs me money. He has done nothing for me.

What should I do? How should I go about trying to get money back from him?

Thank you in advance.
You send him a certified letter telling him that you are firing him. You submit a copy of that letter to the court along with your intent to represent yourself, OR your new attorney would submit that letter to the court along with notice that he/she is now representing you.

If you want money back from him you are really going to need to make a complaint to your state BAR Association.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">