• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consequences of L1B to L1A conversion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pradeeptriin

Hi, My current L1B Visa already expired in March 2018 and I am staying in USA on I94 which is valid till Aug 2020. I am planning to apply for L1B to L1A conversion this year before my 4.5 year are completed on L1B. In case this conversion is rejected by USCIS, can i continue my stay on I94 which is valid till next year? Thanks

You need an immigration attorney.
The I-94 allows you to request entry and remain in the US until it's expiration. I'm assuming that the I-94 was issued at the same time as your L1B, which is an inter-company transfer visa issued to "professionals with specialized knowledge"
The thing is, as your L1B has expired I'm not sure how you can convert an expired visa to a new valid L1A visa or if you can even continue working for your company now the L1B has expired.
I repeat, get an attorney because immigration regulations are a minefield.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">