• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conservatorship Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TheJust

I was being abused under the conservatorship laws (CT) However I finally got it lifted, I am not under a conservatorship now, however my ex-conservator will not give me my estate back, I can't access my own bank accounts and have no idea how to. Also he blatantly stated he is stealing money out of it. Do I call the cops or what?

adjusterjack

The cops won't do anything. They don't know how. Contact your District Attorney and report the embezzlement.

And consult an attorney about filing a lawsuit against the former conservator. Depending on how much money is involved, it might be something that can be done on a contingency basis. No guarantees, at least get a free consultation and review your options.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">