• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

considering 13

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cheddar22

What is the name of your state?CA
I am considering filing a ch 13 because I am behind on all of my credit card bills. I am current on my mortgage, but will not be able to make the Sept or Oct payment because all of my other big bills are due those months... home ins, car ins, property taxes. I refinanced in July so this mortgage company is new to me, will they try to contest me doing a 13? I want to keep my home and vehicle (its paid off). I don't want to go into foreclosure, but the mortgage company says they have to have serviced my loan for 9 months before I can be approved for loss mitigation.

bigun

Any arreage will have to be repaid at 100% in your plan and you'll need to stay current.
You really need to look and see if you can afford a home. If you can't pay those cc bills and things like insurance and property taxes keep you from making your mortgage payment then I'm not sure how much a Chapter 13 will help.
Most bk lawyers give a free initial consultation. Speak with a few and get your options explained.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">