• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

conspiracy, wire fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melzz

What is the name of your state? In, committed in Texas

Okay I posted and no answer. I showed up alone and was denied a court appointed attny again by the judge. Judge said that I have a very expensive home, and drive a nice car. No where on my financial affidavit did it ask what kind of car I drive, just how much I owe and what my payment is. My house is an average price for the area. He was a magistrate Judge. Can we say "pretty please" to a district Judge to reconsider the court appointed attorney? I cannot afford 20 grand to retain a lawyer! Doesn't this doofus judge realize that I don't own my property, the bank does and I'm just making payments? I had no attorney present for this hearing they set it at the last minute and I had to fly all the way down to Texas from INdy for it and I feel like I got cheated. Can anyone help?

Last edited:

melzz

Arraingmnent

:( So far, I've had no luck finding attny to represent me at arraignment. I don't have 10 grand for one, so is it possible to waive my appearance at arraignment without an attorney? Someone mentioned to me that some states have on line forms that can be submitted to do so. State is Texas. Any ideas?

Last edited:

ceara19

melzz said:
What is the name of your state? In, committed in Texas

Okay I posted and no answer. I showed up alone and was denied a court appointed attny again by the judge. Judge said that I have a very expensive home, and drive a nice car. No where on my financial affidavit did it ask what kind of car I drive, just how much I owe and what my payment is. My house is an average price for the area. He was a magistrate Judge. Can we say "pretty please" to a district Judge to reconsider the court appointed attorney? I cannot afford 20 grand to retain a lawyer! Doesn't this doofus judge realize that I don't own my property, the bank does and I'm just making payments? I had no attorney present for this hearing they set it at the last minute and I had to fly all the way down to Texas from INdy for it and I feel like I got cheated. Can anyone help?
Just because the financial didn't ask specifics concerning your property doesn't mean that they don't have that information. I'm sure a very thorough records check was done to obtain this information. Even if it had asked, they would verify the information you gave.

Your home may be very expensive compared to the costs in the area surround the COURT. Apparently the judge has determined that even though you do not own the property in question out right, you DO have assets that can be sold or borrowed against to pay your legal costs.

Court appointed attorney does not equate to FREE attorney. I live in Texas and I know that I don't want to pay for your defense. Nothing personal, I just don't like my money going to strangers. I have plenty of my own bills I could use it for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">