• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Constituional claim or just bad lawyering?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

revstumar

Can someone please help me with 2 questions about malpractice of attorneys. One, can an attorney be sued under the 14th amendment( due process) if they fail to submit on time papers to the court that results in my losing all claims or remedies? Two, if not, can they be held under malpratice laws so that I may recieve all of the original claim plus also any dammages against the attorney for their incopetence?

P

PamSJS

Dear Revstumar;

Unfortunately, there are as many bad lawyers as there are bad doctors...TOO MANY!

Do yourself a favor - file a complaint against the attorney with your state bar association. If or when you take this _ _ _ hole to court, your case will be more solid if you have proof that he has been disciplined by the bar for his actions. You may not even have to go to court....a settlement will more than likely be reached, but you need some solid evidence that he violated attorney ethics.

GO GET HIM!

HomeGuru

There are 2 other things that you can do.

1) Contact your State office that licenses attorney's and file a complaint. That office is more powerful that the ABA since it is a regulatory agency rather than an association. The State Bar Association can only so so much.

2) Hire a malpractice attorney that sues other attorneys.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">