• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Construction Corp. unwilling to give copies of my file to me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

azwilla

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Does the builder of my home have the right to refuse a copy of or allow for me to see all of the documents in the file of the home that I purchased from their Corporation?

Can the city or town ( Prescott Valley)I live in be held liable for not abiding by codes or enforcing codes at the time my home was built? Such as the loss of my file, and not requiring that the builder get all permits and inspections?

Can the city and builder be held liable for damages or personal injury to my son because of mold and , and other product allergies my son has due to repairs they have had to do on my home, and also due to not getting all of the permits required?

Who is responsible here?
I was never given a disclosure statement on my new home, even though my contract states I am to have one in 5 days.

HomeGuru

azwilla said:

Does the builder of my home have the right to refuse a copy of or allow for me to see all of the documents in the file of the home that I purchased from their Corporation?

**A: yes. You are not privy to confidential information including but not limited to contracts with the subcontractors, land purchase agreements, bugets, cost estimates, change orders, internal corespondence from the project architect and engineers, land use, zoning and building code documentation, legal papers, incorporation documents etc.

Can the city or town ( Prescott Valley)I live in be held liable for not abiding by codes or enforcing codes at the time my home was built?

**A: possibly but not in all cases.
Such as the loss of my file, and not requiring that the builder get all permits and inspections?

**A: possibly as it pertains to code enforcement.

Can the city and builder be held liable for damages or personal injury to my son because of mold and , and other product allergies my son has due to repairs they have had to do on my home, and also due to not getting all of the permits required?

**A: your question is too broad and vague. Consult a construction defect litigation attorney. Post specific info.
Who is responsible here?

**A: see above.
I was never given a disclosure statement on my new home, even though my contract states I am to have one in 5 days.

**A: what disclosure. Real estate disclosure statements are not required on new homes.

A

azwilla

Re: Construction Corp. unwilling to give copies of my file to me
azwilla said:

**A: yes. You are not privy to confidential information including but not limited to contracts with the subcontractors, land purchase agreements, bugets, cost estimates, change orders, internal corespondence from the project architect and engineers, land use, zoning and building code documentation, legal papers, incorporation documents etc.
Question? SO I cannot get proof of all code documentation from the builder since the city or town has lost thos files?

Can the city or town ( Prescott Valley)I live in be held liable for not abiding by codes or enforcing codes at the time my home was built?

Such as the loss of my file, and not requiring that the builder get all permits and inspections?

**A: your question is too broad and vague. Consult a construction defect litigation attorney. Post specific info.
Question? My son has been seriously ill since exposure of mold growing on the 2x 6 studs in my walls. Also exposure to chemicals that were used in attempt to calk my sons bedroom slab that had seperated and lifted from the foundation.This exposure came about when the builder had to do defect work on my home.
Who is responsible here?

**A: what disclosure. Real estate disclosure statements are not required on new homes.
Question?My real estate contract was done on a residental resale contract that states I am to get a disclosure statement within 5 days.

HomeGuru

azwilla said:
Re: Construction Corp. unwilling to give copies of my file to me
azwilla said:

Question? SO I cannot get proof of all code documentation from the builder since the city or town has lost thos files?

HomeGuru response: if the builder is uncooperative, the only way to obtain such documentation would be to file a lawsuit and send a request for production of documents through discovery.
###############

Question? My son has been seriously ill since exposure of mold growing on the 2x 6 studs in my walls. Also exposure to chemicals that were used in attempt to calk my sons bedroom slab that had seperated and lifted from the foundation.This exposure came about when the builder had to do defect work on my home.
Who is responsible here?

HomeGuru response: time to hire a construction defect litigation attorney and expert consultants.
#################

Question?My real estate contract was done on a residental resale contract that states I am to get a disclosure statement within 5 days.

HomeGuru response: ok, then why did youi not demand one in accordance with the contract requirements and refuse to close until such disclosure was provided?
How is it that the home is new but a resale? Did you not buy the home directly from the builder? Check out www.hadd.com as there is a rep in your state.

A

azwilla

HomeGuru response: ok, then why did youi not demand one in accordance with the contract requirements and refuse to close until such disclosure was provided?
How is it that the home is new but a resale? Did you not buy the home directly from the builder? Check out www.hadd.com as there is a rep in your state.

Because I was not aware that I was entitled to this until I was doing some research. And because when I signed my escrow documents, I had been out of the hospital only 3 days, following an emergency surgery and hospital stay of 7 days. I also was not allowed my final walk through of my home until after all escrow documents were signed. I had no buyers agent in this transaction becuase the agent for the builder had told my buyers agent there would be no money left in this transaction for a buyers agent.

HomeGuru

azwilla said:

Because I was not aware that I was entitled to this until I was doing some research. And because when I signed my escrow documents, I had been out of the hospital only 3 days, following an emergency surgery and hospital stay of 7 days. I also was not allowed my final walk through of my home until after all escrow documents were signed. I had no buyers agent in this transaction becuase the agent for the builder had told my buyers agent there would be no money left in this transaction for a buyers agent.
**A: ok, but then you should have hired an agent or attorney anyway and paid them to represent you. And also hired a home inspector, either after closing or written in the contract that a home inspection be completed prior to closing and items found repaired within 30 days etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">