• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Construction noise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tangolove

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.
I am renting an apt in a new building directly with the leasing office, not with the owner. The unit next to mine has had construction work for the past 3 months, and planning to continue for another month. When I first moved in, I was not told anything about this and I am awaken almost every day with hammering, sawing, tile cutting etc. Does disclosure applies to rentals and do I have any recourse or right to any compensation?
Thank you very much.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hot Topic

Call the city and see if there are restrictions about when work can start. If the workmen are starting before they legally can, contact the leasing office via registered mail, return receipt requested. Politely bring restrictions to their attention and ask if some accommodation can be made.

This is just the way things go with rentals.

tangolove

Alaska landlord.
From what I understand, I will not have to pay rent after Jan 20! Aren't we not supposed to get a check too?
So long.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">