• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Constution of these United States

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjanoe55

I live in Washington State and want to know How can I as a citizen of the United States of America Sue the United stated Congress for not following the Constitution of the Untied states? Specifically the 10th Amendment.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I don't think anyone can sue Congress. Or the President.

If you have an issue with their actions or inactions try speaking to your senator or representative.

cyjeff

The Untied States? Never heard of them.

All kidding aside, this goes into the "do you really think that no one would have done this before you thought of it?" file.

printman31

I live in Washington State and want to know How can I as a citizen of the United States of America Sue the United stated Congress for not following the Constitution of the Untied states? Specifically the 10th Amendment.
Basicly you would have to go to congress & ask them for their permission to sue them. They would have to agree to let themselves be sued. Other than that. You're just SOL.

CraigFL

I guess the real question here is who has the authority to question "upholding the constitution of the United States" oaths and what is the legal remedy -- if any?

CdwJava

I guess the real question here is who has the authority to question "upholding the constitution of the United States" oaths and what is the legal remedy -- if any?
If you are charged with a crime or are having a matter heard before an administrator or body that you believe to have no jurisdiction, you can certainly try to challenge it. Challenging the jurisdiction is not the same as prevailing.

To challenge something, you have to have standing to do so. So, before you make an issue out of something you would have to establish your standing to make the challenge. The "oath" argument is one that never seems to get legs, yet some people try and make it all the time. I have never once had to present my signed oath in court, and I doubt many people have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">