• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consumer Law/ Negligence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BSanders

I am located in Texas. I need some information on my consumer rights. This could possibly turn into a civil suit. I had maintenance brake work performed by an Independent Automotive Chain dealer. Three days later while driving at highway speeds the front right tire came off the vehicle. They were negligent in the work they performed by not tightening the lug nuts. The vehicle had to be towed to a local Ford dealership on Labor Day. I would like the dealership to repair the damage the other facility caused; I was almost very seriously injured because of their “quality work”. I called the corporate office to find out what needed to be done to have them take care of the repairs at the dealership. They refuse to PAY to fix the vehicle after they were negligent in not completing the work. I am required to bring the vehicle back to them to have the work performed. The damage that was caused which requires all new studs on the right front tire; they do not specialize this type of work. Give me some insight please!!

L

loku

No law suit is a sure thing, but you should win this one. They were negligent in a way that was potentially dangerous. You have every right not to trust them again. My guess is you suffered some emotional destress over this, and in the case of not tightening lug nuts, that might amount to recklessness. If they won’t pay either have a lawyer write them a letter demanding payment and something in addition for your emotional distress, and/or go to Small Claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">