• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contact

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? florida

my ex lives w/ his parents now and his parents and I dont get along. Im trying to have it so the baby cannot be there(long story) he could have the baby any where but there. My question is the only # i have for him is his parents home, If for any reason i need to contact him while he has our son i dont want to go through his mom & dad I want nothing to do w/ them. Would a judge order it so i would have to have his cell # and him mine? (there are absolutely no grounds for any form of 3rd party order) ill give him mine but his parents like controling him and his life and im sick of having to go through them to arange things w/ my ex (his father and i get into arguments often when i have to call) i dont need this crap i did not have a child w/ them.

W

westcoastdaddy

untitled

unless you can prove his parents are a danger to the child, dad can have the child around them if he wishes. the fact that you dont get along with them isnt enough to deny them access to the child.you dont have to talk to them, if they start their nonsense, simply hang up.

westcoastdaddy said:
unless you can prove his parents are a danger to the child, dad can have the child around them if he wishes. the fact that you dont get along with them isnt enough to deny them access to the child.you dont have to talk to them, if they start their nonsense, simply hang up.
im working on that one but my question is about the phone number and why should i have to go through them?

casa

newmommy20 said:
What is the name of your state? florida

my ex lives w/ his parents now and his parents and I dont get along. Im trying to have it so the baby cannot be there(long story) he could have the baby any where but there. My question is the only # i have for him is his parents home, If for any reason i need to contact him while he has our son i dont want to go through his mom & dad I want nothing to do w/ them. Would a judge order it so i would have to have his cell # and him mine? (there are absolutely no grounds for any form of 3rd party order) ill give him mine but his parents like controling him and his life and im sick of having to go through them to arange things w/ my ex (his father and i get into arguments often when i have to call) i dont need this crap i did not have a child w/ them.
You don't 'have' to go through them...but if that is the number your X uses- your only other option is in writing/e-mail.

You can ask the court that you both be ordered to provide one another with ea. other's cellphone #s in the event of an emergency- but it would be up to the judge to order it or not.

If your X had the child for visitation- you shouldn't need to contact him anyway really, unless the child had an emergency, and I'm sure you'd get a phone call then.

newmommy20 said:
im working on that one but my question is about the phone number and why should i have to go through them?
This is where maturity comes in to play. Judges out there today do not want to be bothered with fighting over what number is provided between CP and NCP. You have to call that house because that is where your child's father lives. So deal with it. When you call, ask to speak to _____ (whatever his name is). If he's there, great. If not, simply say, "Please ask him to call me when he returns. Thank you." End of conversation.

SingleMom67 said:
This is where maturity comes in to play. Judges out there today do not want to be bothered with fighting over what number is provided between CP and NCP. You have to call that house because that is where your child's father lives. So deal with it. When you call, ask to speak to _____ (whatever his name is). If he's there, great. If not, simply say, "Please ask him to call me when he returns. Thank you." End of conversation.

according to him he doesnt recieve most of the messages

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">