• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contacting mistress for information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Saywhat13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
I found some texts, photos, and videos confirming my husband was indeed having an affair. I cant seem to get the truth out of him. My question is can I legally contact the other woman (non threatening and not in person) letting her know I know and asking what went on? If I decide to proceed with divorce I would prefer to know the truth first.

Thanks you

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I found some texts, photos, and videos confirming my husband was indeed having an affair. I cant seem to get the truth out of him. My question is can I legally contact the other woman (non threatening and not in person) letting her know I know and asking what went on? If I decide to proceed with divorce I would prefer to know the truth first.

Thanks you
There is nothing stopping you from contacting the other woman.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Thanks you
Are you kidding? HE'S CHEATING ON YOU. The details matter not, and won't make you feel any better about the situation.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There is nothing stopping you from contacting the other woman.
Depending on the contact, it's possible that the mistress would seek a restraining order. So, while there is nothing legally stopping her from contacting the other woman, there may well be legal repercussions that extend beyond that basic fact.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Depending on the contact, it's possible that the mistress would seek a restraining order. So, while there is nothing legally stopping her from contacting the other woman, there may well be legal repercussions that extend beyond that basic fact.
That wasn't what she asked though ;)

She should perhaps also consider the circumstances under which the video recording was made.

quincy

Where did you"find" the texts, photos and videos?

If you accessed another's online account without authorization, even if it was your husband's account that you accessed, you could find yourself facing an invasion of privacy action if you attempt to use the texts, photos or videos against your husband or his friend, or if you disclose what you found to others.

Definitely do not make copies of what you found. The texts, photos and videos are not yours to copy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">