• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contacting sources of info....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

suits me

Hi,

I have recently discovered a lawsuit that is still PENDING, filed in 96' another plaintiff against the same man I plan to name as defendant in my future suit.

I do not know the plaintiff in that case, However, The actions filed are very simular to actions involved in my case.

I have managed to locate the plaintiff's phone number. But, hestiate to call. I would very much like to talk with him regarding his case and parallels that may exsist.

However, I am not sure if this would be an ethical move. Nor am I sure if this would be detrimental in some way. My case involves negligence, fraud and false reporting committed AGAINST me, resulted in my arrest and false imprisonment.

I have not hired an attorney yet. I am just trying to round up as much information as possible to present to the attorney.

Are there any problems anyone can for see in contacting this guy???

Thanks
:D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

There's nothing unethical about what you propose to do, unless you're an attorney looking to steal a client. The plaintiff's information in the litigation case is public information anyway, i.e., you can go to the courthouse, pull the entire court file and review the same. In summary, you are under no legal ethics obligation whatsoever and, if the plaintiff wishes to speak with you about his case, he may do so - - although, since he wouldn't know who you are, it would be prudent of him to refer you to his attorney for a chat.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

S

suits me

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:
My response:

There's nothing unethical about what you propose to do, unless you're an attorney looking to steal a client. The plaintiff's information in the litigation case is public information anyway, i.e., you can go to the courthouse, pull the entire court file and review the same. In summary, you are under no legal ethics obligation whatsoever and, if the plaintiff wishes to speak with you about his case, he may do so - - although, since he wouldn't know who you are, it would be prudent of him to refer you to his attorney for a chat.

IAAL
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks IAAL,

Your advice makes a hoe lotta sense! I kinda feel, like.."duh" :rolleyes:when you put it in perspective! Now why didn't think of that!? I guess that's why your here, eh?
Thank goodness...........
Suits me

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">