• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contacting the credit bureaus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bneefreak

What is the name of your state? CT
I am trying to fix my husband's credit. I asked him to try to sign up for a credit card and he was denied. I got the credit report from Trans Union. There is information that has already been paid off but it is still on the credit report. I am writing a letter to them requesting that they remove the information.
My question though is that I do not have the credit report from the other bureaus, can I still send them the same letter requesting that they remove the information or do I have to have that bureau's report. I used the sample letter found on www.creditinfocenter.com. I also included the name of the creditor with the account number.
I am also sending the letter to that other credit bureau Innovis. I read about them on credit info center and figured I should send them a letter as well.

bigun

You really need to get the report from each CRA and see how the accounts are reported. Deal with each CRA separately. A form letter one size fits all won't work. Also, send all letters CRRR.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">