• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contempt and reimburse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angelbrite

my ex has ignored all requests i have made in the past year and a half to share her financial information with me to properly figure child support, medical costs, and day care costs per the NYS Child Support Standards Act as stated in our divocre decree. since i have not wanted to be in arrears on child support and other costs, i have continued to pay all medical and day care bills, as well as child support. i have tried being nice and asking for her information and reminding her nicely that it is in our divorce decree, but to no avail. if i have to take her to court, my lawyer wants a $750.00 retainer. since it would be the fact that she is not following the divorce decree and is making me go through the courts to make things fair, can she be held responsible for my legal costs? also, can i get back any of the extra money that i have been paying to her over the last 17 months because she refused to reveal her financial information?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">