• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contempt of court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in southern california, La county.I'm going through a custody battle right now. my ex-boyfriend is charging me with contempt of court.we do the child exchange at the Sheriff's Department.my ex is trying to say that i haven't been showing up and I have. he filed a order to show cause and affidavit for contempt. I no longer have a lawyer and cannot afford one. I need to find out what type of response or which papers I file as a answer to these charges?I would appreciate any help. Thanks
Deanna [email protected]
I have to be in court June 11,2001


Senior Member

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential