• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

First thank you all for the advice on the week visitation issue, mom backed down on that. However now she is back to not answering her phone during my court ordered telephone time with the boys. I know this may seem petty, but, I only see them 5-6 days a month and I think it is important they get that time to talk with me. I admit, I need it to, I miss them. I know that she is in contempt with this, however, will filing with the court do any good or will it annoy the judge? If it was just this one time I wouldn't be upset, but mom does this frequently. Stuck, I feel the judge gets annoyed everytime I go infront of her, yet I don't feel it is right to let her continue to not let the boys and me have our court appointed time, even if it is just on the phone. I did call again today, to no avail.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

First thank you all for the advice on the week visitation issue, mom backed down on that. However now she is back to not answering her phone during my court ordered telephone time with the boys. I know this may seem petty, but, I only see them 5-6 days a month and I think it is important they get that time to talk with me. I admit, I need it to, I miss them. I know that she is in contempt with this, however, will filing with the court do any good or will it annoy the judge? If it was just this one time I wouldn't be upset, but mom does this frequently. Stuck, I feel the judge gets annoyed everytime I go infront of her, yet I don't feel it is right to let her continue to not let the boys and me have our court appointed time, even if it is just on the phone. I did call again today, to no avail.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Definitely document each time your call goes unanswered, your messages (if any) are not returned. I can see your point about the Judge. But you can't allow this to go on. :(

Wait for a CA Senior to answer, such as casa. This bump-up in the line might help.

Thanks, I am documenting.. I'm thinking with filing contempt it may startle her into following the order. I also have 3 police reports from earlier this year when she denied visitation, It may be best to file those even though it has been 8 months. Any advice either way would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

seniorjudge

I'm thinking with filing contempt it may startle her into following the order.

You know her and we don't. If you think that will help, try it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">