• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contents coverage on homeowners policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slk

In addition to a previous question, we received x amount of dollars for contents on a homeowners policy. We are also to receive x amount of dollars in depreciation for contents. We were told that in addition to these monies, which equals y, that if we go over the amount of y, we still had monies up to the contents maximum of z, if we show receipts. My question is, if I wanted to spend y as I saw fit,would it be ok to finish the furnishing of my house with receipts up to the maximum amount of z or less.In other words,I may not want to furnish the whole house as it was but would like to spend some of the money on other things at this stage of my life. After all, I paid the expensive premiums on this policy. Thank you in advance for you answer.
Alabama

ALawyer

What you buy or don't buy with contents proceeds is up to you. The only one who has an interest in homeowners proceeds is a mortgage holder, and only for the rebuilding of the structure so as not to impair the value of the mortgage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">