• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contestability Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

e_allan

What is the name of your state? Delaware

My Father had a life insurance policy the is less than two years old. During the application process the he noted all off his treatments and pre-exiting conditions. The policy was issued 9 months ago. Sadly my dad passed 6months later due to heart faliure. He had some test ran when he was a child for anemia. He did not know this because he was a lil child but my grandmother told us after he passed. The insurance company is doing an investigation on the policy. And we were wondering would his not noting about tests for ameina be grounds for a cliam denial, even though my father was unaware of this condition? Would that be misrepensentation? Any help is much appericated.

JETX

e_allan said:
And we were wondering would his not noting about tests for ameina be grounds for a cliam denial, even though my father was unaware of this condition? Would that be misrepensentation? Any help is much appericated.
Far too complex an issue to be answered accurately on this forum. I suggest you wait until the insurance company makes a decision.... then take whatever action is appropriate.

Dandy Don

It is unlikely that the insurance company would even find out about such a test that was given to him as a child. Yes, the advice you received to wait and see what the insurance company says was most appropriate.

e_allan

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. Right now we are just in a waiting period. What other grounds can an INS company deny claims?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">