• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contestability Question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TAEDA

What is the name of your state?CALIFORNIA

I TOOK OUT AN INSURANCE POLICY ON THE FATHER OF MY TWO KIDS JUNE 2003. OCT 2004 HE WAS IN A CAR ACCIDENT. BUT BEFORE THAT HE WAS IN A FIGHT AT A CLUB AND THE GUYS HE WAS FIGHTING CHASED THEM STARTED SHOTING AT THEM AND BY TRYING TO GET AWAY THEY CRASHED AND HE WAS KILLED. HE DID NOT GET SHOT THE CRASH IS WHAT KILLED HIM.
HE WAS DRINKING AT THE CLUB BUT HE WAS NOT THE DRIVER OF THE VEHICLE. HE WAS IN GOOD HEALTH. THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR 5 MONTHS NOW THEY HAVE REQUESTED THE POLICE REPORT, DEATH CERT.,AUTOPSY REPORT, MEDICAL RECORDS FROM THE HOSP. WERE HE DIED
THEY HAVE INTERVIEWED PEOPLE. MY QUESTION IS WHAT ELSE CAN THEY NEED TO MAKE A DECISION. HE WAS A YOUNG GUY EARLY 30'S. IT SEEM TO ME THE CLAIMS PEOPLE ARE GIVING ME THE RUN A ROUND THIS WAS A TERM POLICY. DO INSURANNCE CO. DO THIS TO TRY NOT TO PAY. HOW LONG CAN SOMETHING LIKE THIS TAKE. ARE DO I NEED TO HAND OVER HIS FIRST BORN TOO. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER:mad:

Dandy Don

Yes, they do try to stall payment as long as they can. Just be patient--if the facts are as you stated, then there is almost no reason for them to deny payment and you will be getting your check.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

somarco

Just a wag here, but perhaps they are checking further to see if he was killed as a result of participating in a felony action. Check your policy. Many plans have exclusions beyond suicide such as civil insurection, commission of a felony, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">