• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contesting a divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Feb 4 01, my wife and I settled on a divorce and signed our agreement and notorized everything with property and child support, we used a paralegal. She sigend two quit claim deeds to our house over to me one thru the settlement agreement and the other when I got a second out on our house to pay off our credit card debt. I got the house and physical custody of the kids with equal joint custody. I own a small business which she signed off on too. July 4 01 is suppose to be our final disolution. During our settlement period I have had sex with her and now she has threatened to take me to court, get a lawyer and take house, kids, and business. She commited adultery and I found out about it in Nov 00 and I filed for divorce she was served Jan 3 01 after I spent a month asking for her to come back to me and the children. Things didn't work out with new boyfriend and now she wants back or her life back without me since I don't want her. She moved out to live with him in Nov 00 and after we settled moved all her belongings in Feb 01. She provides child care for children during the week while I'm at work until I get home and every other week she stays at house with kids when I go out of town on business trip monday - wednesday. What are her possibilities to reversing the divorce and changing the quit claim deed and getting the house with kids. Do Judges make you start over on the divorce if one party claims there was sex during the seperation and if so should I dispute her claims. Please help in California.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential