• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contesting sons benefit due to paternity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HRZ

GM has no business being involved but how you spend you child's money for his benefit ...and you would be most unwise to share any details or comments with her

LdiJ

Lol... She hasn't talked to me since my son was 3 months old. She calls and texts my son's fathers ex wife who is one of my best friends. Grandma was so mad she texted her to let her know that my son would get his benefits, but we would have to split the benefits between our two kids. We already knew that and helped each other through the process. She tried a few times to put a wedge between us.
For grandma, it's all about the money. She is her son's representative payee. For my friend and I... Our two son's father will never be in their lives and it didn't matter how much they were going to get every month. The benefits are for the kids and their happiness and their future. Its being invested in them. Their father can't even open his eyes now since his last brain surgery. There is so much more to be concerned about... Its really sad.
I am glad to hear that the two of you are working together. It will be important for the children to have a chance at a sibling relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">