• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Continued abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newperson44

What is the name of your state?AZ

Hello I have posted before and my situations seems never ending. I will bullet point this so as to not ramble on too much.

1. I had a order of protection issued against my ex last year because of her ongoing abuse( I wont get into details-but it was approved by a judge with no problems) - this order was not served because she left and I have not been able to locate her.
  2. She is now claiming that she is in the process of suing me for abuse, her material items(claiming stolen property) and medical bills she incurred will being out .(I have not seen any paperwork yet on this)
  3. My response to #2 above - she was the abuser(and I have documents), I have not stolen her property and have contacted her(email is all I have) multiple times for her to make arrangements to pick up her belongings(and was ignored or threatened). I have since offered to ship all of the items to one of her family members(at my cost--and she is refusing so she can go to court). She is claiming I should have sent them months ago when she demanded it. I never said I would pay for shipping her items.
  4. So-- after a year later I continue to deal with this situation which has disrupted my business/family and overall health and well being.. I currrently have another order of protection ready to be served if I can locate her(My guess is she is out of state---not sure how to go about getting her served).
So my questions

1. How can I get her served if I locate her in another state?
2. Should I try to get a lawyer at this point and what would I say as far as how to handle this?---where would I go to get a cost efficient one as well(I want her to leave me alone and get her items) - she has continued to harrass/belittle and threaten me throughout this past few years. I have never in my life had this.

Any advice would be good
thank you

quincy

I read the first thread earlier today, before it was deleted. Something about what is said here seems different from what was said before.

quincy

Hummmm...I didn't know about that one. I was referring to OP older Hx of thread deleting.
Sorry, Blue. I was referring to newperson's thread from the posting history archives. It was accessed by newperson this morning and I read it then.

It would have been far better if you had left your old threads in place, newperson. There is something different about the situation you describe now than how it was described previously.

newperson44

Sorry, Blue. I was referring to newperson's thread from the posting history archives. It was accessed by newperson this morning and I read it then.

It would have been far better if you had left your old threads in place, newperson. There is something different about the situation you describe now than how it was described previously.
Yes I can see you point. And my questions now are different from before and the only thing different is the time frame(that was a while back). So, if you dont want me to ask anything I will delete my account and move on. I though this was a place to ask some questions and get some advice without judgement.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
A process server.
2. Should I try to get a lawyer at this point and what would I say as far as how to handle this?---where would I go to get a cost efficient one as well(I want her to leave me alone and get her items) - she has continued to harrass/belittle and threaten me throughout this past few years. I have never in my life had this.
That's up to you - just remember that the cost of an attorney is on you.

PayrollHRGuy

Any advice would be good
thank you
1. As mentioned above a process server.
2. No need for a lawyer until you are sued.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">