• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

continuing the DWR womb chair--for some reason the thread closed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mahstmacat

Hello again, someone else kind of hijacked the thread and then I see it's now closed for further questions...so I'm starting a continuation thread because I have a question: if DWR won't talk about a person's purchase or not because it's privileged, wouldn't they be able to tell me if they've ever sold a chair that I can show them the details of? I could even bring it to the store if they want. It wouldn't be violating any privacy, just a simple "we sell/used to sell that chair" or "we never sold that chair". I don't need any personal information. Would that work? Thanks!

adjusterjack

No, it wouldn't work.

Without the witness to testify, NOTHING you bring to court is going to work because it's hearsay and not admissible.

You either win or lose based on your own testimony.

You're kicking a dead horse here.

mahstmacat

Well I was thinking that if I subpoena them, they wouldn't be able to claim I was asking for confidential information--it might make it harder for them to refuse to testify.

quincy

Well I was thinking that if I subpoena them, they wouldn't be able to claim I was asking for confidential information--it might make it harder for them to refuse to testify.
The testimony you want is from an expert who can look at the chair you purchased and say with authority, "no, this is not a DWR chair because of X, Y, Z."

Have documents showing the dimensions of an authentic chair and compare these to the chair you purchased.

The expert witness does not have to address the actual sale. In fact, he probably knows nothing about the sale that he can testify to. His testimony should be limited to pointing out authentic DWR/Knoll chair characteristics.

I think the other thread probably was locked because this topic has been covered pretty thoroughly already.

Good luck in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">