• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract breached maybe?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

James cook

I opted to pay the insurance for an item I purchased incase of unemployment. Got unemployed for sometime (enough time to get the insurance activated), contacted them and they responded to me we will investigate. It hasn't happened and then, years later I'm in debt collection because I failed to pay off the account. What should I do?

adjusterjack

In addition to your state, give us the exact date you purchased the insurance and the exact date you filed the claim and tell us what happened after "they" said they would investigate.

adjusterjack

The dates I asked for are also important because if you are already outside the statute of limitations, there may not be any need for conversation.

James cook

In addition to your state, give us the exact date you purchased the insurance and the exact date you filed the claim and tell us what happened after "they" said they would investigate.
I'm in Nevada. I purchased the insurance on the same day I bought the item on 10/25/10
I filed the claim on 4/10/11. I thought it was clear enough they will take care of the payments so I did not bother. They did call me 3 months later with an automated number asking for past due amount . When I called the direct number and I explained everything again they said they have to consult with another department and that I should pay while they do so. Well, I refused that because I was still unemployed. 3months later 12/31/11 the account was closed and placed on collection.

James cook

Thank you for providing your state name.

What sort of item did you purchase and what sort of insurance did you have that covered failiure to pay a debt due to unemployment?
Thank you..it was a TV set and the insurance was from the same company I bought from

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">