• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Dispute with client:

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NotaFreeLoader

What is the name of your state? Washington, DC

I’m working on a contract (Web Site Developer) that should have ended 5 months ago. Under the terms of the contract the client is to provide certain material in a timely manner to enable the Web site to be developed in accordance with the timetable. The client has admitted in several emails that he is contradiction to the contract. Payments were broken into 3rds (1/3 to start the poject, 1/3 when beta has been delivered, and 1/3 when the complete application has been turned over). The client has made the first 2 payments.

1. Do I have to work with this looser forever until he gets all the material delivered?
2. Is there anyway to obtain compensatory damages for this delay?
3. What does it mean,” Upon the expiration or prior termination of the Term or prior thereto upon written request the Client, Developer shall return to Client all copies of the Web site.”
4. Termination clause states” In case of a breach of any material provision of this agreement by either party, the other party may terminate this Agreement by giving written notice thereof.” If my client has breached the contract will I have to return the payments?

Thanks

HomeGuru

NotaFreeLoader said:
What is the name of your state? Washington, DC

I’m working on a contract (Web Site Developer) that should have ended 5 months ago. Under the terms of the contract the client is to provide certain material in a timely manner to enable the Web site to be developed in accordance with the timetable. The client has admitted in several emails that he is contradiction to the contract. Payments were broken into 3rds (1/3 to start the poject, 1/3 when beta has been delivered, and 1/3 when the complete application has been turned over). The client has made the first 2 payments.

1. Do I have to work with this looser forever until he gets all the material delivered?
2. Is there anyway to obtain compensatory damages for this delay?
3. What does it mean,” Upon the expiration or prior termination of the Term or prior thereto upon written request the Client, Developer shall return to Client all copies of the Web site.”
4. Termination clause states” In case of a breach of any material provision of this agreement by either party, the other party may terminate this Agreement by giving written notice thereof.” If my client has breached the contract will I have to return the payments?

Thanks
**A: please post the subject contract in its entirety.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">