• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract law question about intellectual property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doug02346

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I have an unpublished novel. A team of two other writers offered to write the screenplay on spec. As far as contracts go I want to know how the producer divides up the money. Does he say, "You three writers divide the money among yourselves." Or will he have a contract for me as the writer and a separate contract for the screenwriters?

divgradcurl

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I have an unpublished novel. A team of two other writers offered to write the screenplay on spec. As far as contracts go I want to know how the producer divides up the money. Does he say, "You three writers divide the money among yourselves." Or will he have a contract for me as the writer and a separate contract for the screenwriters?
Depends on the publisher.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">