• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract/No Contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Texas

I have a neighbor lady that was telling me today that the people she and her husband bought their mobile home from is changing his mind on the amount and want more money.

The sale went this way: our neighbor and her husband signed an agreement (made up by the seller and not notarized) asking $12,000 for the mobile to be paid $500/mo. for 24 months. The seller would pay the lot rent ($170) each month out of the $500. Now, the wife of the seller is changing her mind and wants more money. She said she would tell my neighbors on Sat. what the new price will be. My neighbors are upset, understandably. Can she do this if there is an agreement signed by both parties? Do they have any recourse--other than moving?

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">