• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract or lack there of in SC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? South Carolina

Hi, I had agreed to buy a mobil home for 25,000.
i put 4500 down and was gonna pay cash for the rest when i sold my house.

well there was never any written contract but the deposit is agreed buy seller and is in check form for proof.

well now she says she needs more money for her home
i refuse to pay this.

does she have to refund my money? and if not what do i do?



Senior Member
Your agreement is purely going to be determined by what you put in writing. And without the written agreement, ANYTHING is just a matter of 'he said, she said'.

Never, EVER agree to purchase ANYTHING (especially if you do not take immediate possession) without a written agreement!!!

So, with that in mind..... your questions:
Q1) "does she have to refund my money?"
A1) Depends on what your agreement was.... and your ability to prove it.

Q2) "and if not what do i do?"
A2) You can consider filing a lawsuit, but you would again have to prove to the satisfaction of the court that: (a) the money was paid, (2) what if any agreement you had as to return or retention of all or any part of the 'deposit'.

Simply, without a written agreement to support your claims, it is a toss of the dice on whether you will get the money back.... or what part.


thanks for the advice, but i guess its too late now
well i guess my only chance is court,huh?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential