• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract question.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nailtech

What is the name of your state? Texas

I have a contract which I didn't notice the dates/year(2006 part) when signing them.she filled the blanks in with a pen and didnt fill in properly (the bold part is what she filled in with pen.)

question #1... Do I have a 1 year contract with a 2 year option (or) a 2 year with a 2 year option.. ??

(depending on how #1 is answered)... would the two 2/2 hold up in court even if it was a (2006)mistake on her part??

question #2.. I know the two option years are for 325, but can she deny me the right to resign even if i have the option stated on the contract??

contract reads..

Term of agreement
the owner hearby leases to independent stylist an area of apprx. XXsq ft...for use as an independant styling business for a period of 1 year(s) beginning Jan, 1, 2005 and ending Dec.31, 2006. 2 yr option @ 325.00 ...based on a 5 day week making a total amount payable under this lease of 3900

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nailtech said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I have a contract which I didn't notice the dates/year(2006 part) when signing them.she filled the blanks in with a pen and didnt fill in properly (the bold part is what she filled in with pen.)

question #1... Do I have a 1 year contract with a 2 year option (or) a 2 year with a 2 year option.. ??

(depending on how #1 is answered)... would the two 2/2 hold up in court even if it was a (2006)mistake on her part??

question #2.. I know the two option years are for 325, but can she deny me the right to resign even if i have the option stated on the contract??

contract reads..

Term of agreement
the owner hearby leases to independent stylist an area of apprx. XXsq ft...for use as an independant styling business for a period of 1 year(s) beginning Jan, 1, 2005 and ending Dec.31, 2006. 2 yr option @ 325.00 ...based on a 5 day week making a total amount payable under this lease of 3900

My response:

You're in the contract for two years. The written dates subsume the number
"1". Think of it as a check. In one part of a check, you place a number dollar amount. In the line below, you write in the dollar amount in words. It's the words that take precedence over numbers; e.g., if the numbers on the check say $50.00, but your words say "Sixty Dollars", then it's the words that will take precedence.

IAAL

nailtech

Thank you so much...

Now she can't jack my rent up for another 4 years.... :D

she said she increased mine and two others, so she could lower three other girls rent... we pick up the tab on that one.. :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">