• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract rates changed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandysaahil

Hello Folks, This query is for New South Wales, Australia. I am in a contract with my company which was supposed to end 20th august. The company was ready to extend the contract for 6 months after 20th August. I said verbally that I am okay with the extension but during this time I found another good opportunity within the same company and I applied and got selected for better rates. I agreed on the rates with the other team on email. I conveyed to my manager that I do not wish to sign the contract extension as I got another job in the same company. My manager escalated this to HR and they came up with new lower rates.

Is there anything which is illegal that I am doing? or Can companies change the agreed rate after me telling my boss that I don't want to extend the current contract?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not a problem. It's just the US law and Australian law are not the same and we have no experts in Australian law here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">