• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was a consultant for a building company. I was origanlly hired as a consultant because I had a business in place and it was easier for tax purposes for me to stay a subcontractor for the first year. I signed an agreemnet that called me a consultant. I acted in title as Director of Construction Operations. I was terminated with no notice. I was given my pay for the week less an amount that was supposed to relfect bills owed on a family memebers house. I had used our suppliers on several occasions and the relative paid the company back as soon as the bill was presented.
I have several questions.
1. Can they take monies out of my pay?
They did not present bills, or proof of payment to the supplier for the bills they deducted.
2. I had an agreement that was outdated with them. I was being paid more than it states and the had promised me a truck, I had even gone to test drive it, we built a home for the dealer. and they owed my 500.00 per house at closing. I was paid for 5 of those homes and then funds got tight. I was asked in front of other employees if I would defer payment on the other homes (48 in total)until Jan when more capitalization was coming in. It never did. I had a rough contract with all this information in my briefcase. When they terminated me the locked me out of the office and went through my belongings taking cd's, contracts, and books. What should I do?
3. I also had turned in receipts for things I purchased for the company. They said the receipts are there belongings! Even though they have the items I purchased and have not paid me. Can I call in the police or City attorney on this or is it just civil?


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential